Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Byrne-Milliron Forest Hike
Saturday, September 22, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
Join us for a hike at Byrne-Milliron Forest on Saturday, September 22nd from 10am-noon, with the option to stay later to enjoy a bring-your-own picnic lunch. Byrne Forest Caretaker, Jeff Helmer, will guide hikers down Three Bears Trail to show—from the roots—how beautiful and healthy a sustainably harvested redwood forest can be. We'll end the hike at AJs Point of View, where will enjoy panoramic views of the Pajaro Valley and the Monterey Bay.
Please note portions of the tour are headed steeply uphill on narrow rugged trails.
Registration necessary, as space is limited.
NO DOGS ON MEMBER WALKS PLEASE.
Directions to Byrne-Milliron Forest
· Take Highway 1 North.
· Take the Green Valley Road Exit.
· Turn RIGHT onto Green Valley Road.
· Travel 1.5 miles and turn LEFT on Freedom Boulevard.
· Drive 2.8 miles then turn RIGHT on Corralitos Road.
From Santa Cruz
· Take Highway 1 South.
· Take the Freedom Boulevard Exit.
· Turn LEFT over the freeway and travel 5 miles.
· Turn LEFT onto Corralitos Road.
Once you are on Corralitos Road
· Drive 1.75 miles up Corralitos Road.
· Turn RIGHT on Browns Valley Road, which travels 0.33 miles and stops at T.
· Turn LEFT to continue onto Browns Valley Road and go 2.5 miles.
· Turn LEFT at entrance to “Roses of Yesterday & Today” at 809 Browns Valley Rd.
· Follow the road approximately 1 mile to the parking area (on the right).
Drive VERY SLOWLY –narrow road.